Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So Close

What a great way to finish the college basketball season. If only Butler could have pulled it off. The game was intense the whole way through, much better than recent championship blowouts. I think I was more nervous than the Butler faithful, and I'm not even associated with the school. It seemed most of America was rooting for the underdog bulldogs. None of the ESPN guys gave Butler much of a chance though, saying Duke would win by double digits. Well, they were wrong. Butler hung around and came inches away from a hoosiers-like celebration. I, unlike the experts, thought the game would be close and that Butler really did have a chance. They just came up a few inches short. So now the dance is over and I'm left to wait till next year. If Hayward stays, Butler should be back making noise in the tournament next year. Only 346 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment